Networker

Re: [Networker] Stage savesets from AFTD to tape

2009-11-11 18:31:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Stage savesets from AFTD to tape
From: Craig Faller <craigf AT XSIDATA.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:29:54 +1100
Why not just query the pool being used for the disk device instead of
the location or volume, and also pipe it through "uniq", i know a few
smart unix admins who currently use a similar method where they run
mminfo each morning and output the Full listing of savesets into one
large file, then split this into smaller files and then running the
nsrstage against these "smaller" ssid listings sequentially. The worst
thing about nsrstage and a massive list of ssid's is that any issues or
situation that either stops or requires the nsrstage to be stopped, is
that it does not clean up the nsrstaging area "disk device volumes"
until it has actually finished staging (finishes the full list of
ssids).  Running them in smaller batches (input files) not only allows
for windows of opportunity between them if necessary, but ensures you
don't have to restart from the beginning...