Networker

[Networker] LGTsc32803 Hotfix does nothing ...

2009-11-11 15:09:40
Subject: [Networker] LGTsc32803 Hotfix does nothing ...
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:08:28 -0500
Since upgrading to 7.4.5 over the weekend, I have been seeing

save: There was an error creating the file: "C:\Program
Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\sd00001e" errno: 17

type messages. (even more oddly, Networker has *never* been installed on
drive C:, so why it should want to write there is a mystery).

EMC says this is a cosmetic error, and gave me a new liblocal.dll to use.
And the new DLL did ... nothing .. that I can see.

Still getting this message. It now occasionally alternates with

There was an error creating the file: "D:\Program
Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\sd000012" errno: 17

At least this time they got the drive indicator correct ...

This liblocal.dll says version 7.4.5.1, build date Sep 25.

The other weird thing is that it doesn't give this "harmless" error on all
my groups, but only on certain groups. I see no rhyme or reason as to why
only those groups exhibit this behavior.

Talk about aggravating ...

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM