Networker

Re: [Networker] adv_file event error "Failed to fetch the saveset structure..."

2009-11-10 16:07:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] adv_file event error "Failed to fetch the saveset structure..."
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:06:11 -0500
On 11/10/09 4:02 PM, Preston de Guise wrote:
On 11/11/2009, at 08:00 , Francis Swasey wrote:

On 11/10/09 2:01 PM, Preston de Guise wrote:
It may be too much to hope that the fix is in 7.4.5.2.
It's concerning that the error is cropping up during regular staging activities. I'd suggest it should be logged as an urgent bug with EMC.

I opened an issue with EMC and they responded that I should upgrade to 7.5.1.2 -- guess EMC is writing 7.4.5 off too!

Hmm - it's not really an appropriate response, given that 7.4.5 is fully supported. That's the sort of thing where I'd push back and request the patch be ported.

I did push back -- I depend on LGTsc09318 that was finally included in 7.4.5, and I specifically asked if the fix for this issue was in 7.4.5.2 :-)