Networker

[Networker] backup advisor - unable to connect to controller

2009-11-05 10:26:36
Subject: [Networker] backup advisor - unable to connect to controller
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 07:19:17 -0800
Hi, i am using EMC backup advisor 3.1.1 and have completed a successful
installation on a solaris 9 server. When i attempt to login for the first time
i use IE7 from a windows server and use login administrator and password
administrator.

I receive an error stating "Unable to connect to the Contoller". At the time of
login the /var/logs/eba/controller.log states "cProcessAuthenticationData():
Process authentication failed with out of date password"

I am using this version for testing as i will be upgrading an exisiting 3.1.1
EBA to DPA later and i would like to test the process.

ANy suggestions? Am i using the correct default password as speciifed in the
documentation? The controller.log appears to indicate that i am not!

Thanks, Mark