Networker

[Networker] Way to List Host LUN ID's on Windows en masse

2009-11-03 17:37:30
Subject: [Networker] Way to List Host LUN ID's on Windows en masse
From: John Brekelbaum <jbrekelbaum AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 16:33:01 -0600
Does any one know a way to easily list out the LUN ID's that windows sees
from the storage system.  We have a Clariion CX4-480.  The Storage Node has
29 clones presented to is and they are proprietary file systems and cannot
be backup up unless I use the saveset designation \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE<Disk
number>.  The issue is that Windows does not always assign the same disk
number to the same Lun ID and I need a way to verify that I am backing up
the correct disk in my savesets.  Right now I have to use diskpart (or the
disk mang MMC) > select disk n > detail disk n > and verify in the BTL
output that I have the correct Lun.
Thanks.

--
Best,