Networker

[Networker] software repository Add Product not working for win software

2009-11-03 08:43:58
Subject: [Networker] software repository Add Product not working for win software
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:37:07 +0000
Hi, I am attempting to use the Software Admin Wizard to add software for
windows clients. I have a Solaris 9 server running Networker 7.5.1. I have
successfully used the Software Wizard to add products to the repositroy for
Solaris and Linux clients.

I have copied the windows 7.5.1 software zipped file to the solaris server and
unzipped it. WHen i run the Add Software and select Windows i specify the Media
Location of the windows software which i have unzipped whihc is
/export/home/software/win_x86

The software wizard finds the software and lists windows windos client,
storagenode and server as available packages. When i select ADD i receive a
message stating that the Platform Type does not match the Networker Server.

I am asked to put in the hostname of a machine that has the same platform type
so I enter a windows server name (this server is not currently running the
networker client software).
I am also asked for the media kit location so i enter D:\software\win_x86 where
i have extracted the windows software to.

I receive an error message stating "Failure adding product from
/export/home/software/win_x86 Remote System Error"

Any idea how to resove this issue?

Thanks for any help, Mark