Networker

Re: [Networker] How save set recover works? - HELP!!!

2009-10-27 20:10:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] How save set recover works? - HELP!!!
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 00:04:52 +0000
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 07:21:43PM -0400, George Sinclair wrote:
> OK, so in this case, even though 2001 is a directory, it's still treated
> like a file as far as that rule?
>
> This only applies when relocating, though, not when restoring to the
> original location, correct?

As far as I can see, you are correct in both cases.  But as I mentioned,
I'm mainly going off the docs here.  I haven't really tried to
investigate all the details here recently.

One thing I'm thinking of that I don't see in the docs is that the
"first common parent" can be anywhere if you're doing a normal (files)
recovery, but that it must be above the saveset if you're doing a
saveset recovery.

--
Darren