Networker

Re: [Networker] How to use multiple AFTD devices

2009-10-22 11:03:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to use multiple AFTD devices
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:55:47 -0400
Thierry FAIDHERBE <thierry.faidherbe AT forem DOT be> wrote on 10/22/2009
09:54:39 AM:

> Yes and no : AFD are NOT like tape : When 1 is full, the Session
> is suspended until AFD space is recovered and does NOT continue
> to another dev even if it is labelled in same pool.
>
> So, best is to create 2 AFDs, in 2 separate pools. Do load balancing
> of your backups, some to AFD1's pool, the others to AFD2's pool.
>
> I have 6 AFDs devices defined as E:\AFD, F:\AFD, G:\AFD,
> H:\AFD, I:\AFD and J:\AFD each one labelled in its own pool and I do
> load balancing of my backups using groups. (define groups in AFD pool
> authorized group list)

You've lost me. You have 1 server, with 6 AFTD devices attached. And you
have 6 pools, one each for each AFTD device. And so you have .. what, the
same client, defined 6 times, each with a different backup selection? And
each of these 6 clients is in a separate group? And you run all 6 groups
every night?

I'm still confused, sorry. :-)