Networker

Re: [Networker] OS Backup

2009-10-14 08:54:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] OS Backup
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 08:49:23 -0400
On 10/14/09 4:04 AM, sturmtr wrote:
Hey,

I want to know if it is possible to backup complete operating system (windows) in networker and restore without first installing os, maybe with an additional addon.

EMC purchased HomeBase which has the capability of image based Bare Metal
Restores.

NetWorker itself does not do BMR, you have to install the OS on the bare metal, apply the patches, install the NetWorker client, restore.