Networker

Re: [Networker] Console server question

2009-10-06 17:19:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Console server question
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:12:00 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Console server question, Preston de Guise...:

The console maintains its own database tracking historical details from the time it is installed to the present day

Everything else you said was 100% correct, but I'm not so certain about
this statement, specifically how long it keeps data in its database.

If I select the Reports icon in the NMC gui and then select

        Reports->Data Retention

the numbers there seem to imply that different types of information are
automatically purged based upon the retention policies listed there.  For
us, none of them default to be longer than a year.

I could just be mistaking what those numbers actually influence, though.
I would use NMC help, but I've never been able to get it to work.  The
rest of the application runs pretty well these days, but the help has
never worked in our installation.

Tim
edu