Networker

Re: [Networker] windows 32-bit - nw 7.5.1. - random 2gb ssid chunking

2009-10-05 21:00:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] windows 32-bit - nw 7.5.1. - random 2gb ssid chunking
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:55:38 +1100
On 06/10/2009, at 11:51 , James Pratt wrote:

So I have this going on here and there on various ssids, somewhat
randomly, no apparent reason why - 2gb chunking (Have I heard this is an
old bug?) -

mminfo -av | grep "<" says:

AFK01Q25       bba.norwich.edu 9/27/2009 3:46:18 AM 2000 MB 3367971245
cb full <14>W:\
AFK01Q25       bba.norwich.edu 9/27/2009 3:46:19 AM 2000 MB 3351194109
cb full <15>W:\
<snip>

Not just fs backups, but vcb's as well. Emc says a "fix is forthcoming
tomorrow", as it's been "escalated" according to the support tech who
shall remain nameless - We shall see, will let you know if anyone cares
let me know.

7.5.1 on w2k3 r2

I don't know about 7.5.x, but a solution in lower versions has been to switch, for the client that is having the problem, back from "nsrauth" to "oldauth" authentication. Hopefully whatever patches are introduced will prevent the need for doing that.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com