Networker

[Networker] Networker loosing location info of some tape

2009-09-25 08:39:42
Subject: [Networker] Networker loosing location info of some tape
From: Stefan Seibt <stefan.seibt AT SUN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:35:13 -0400
Hi there,
from time to time (1-2 times a day) my networker (7.4.3) is loosing the
location info of some tapes.

It starts with a warning of waiting for a mount (on a wrong storage node).

When I'm looking in the media info i can see the location field for this tape
is empty (all other
information is there).

When i'm looking in "devices/slots" i can see Volume Name "unlabeled", Pool,
Acces time, User is
empty (""), only the slot and barcode info is correct.

So networker seems to have forgotten some information on this tape. Doing an
inventory for this
slots helps most of the time.

Does anybody have some experiences with this or have an idea or a hint ???

   thanks a lot
   Stefan Seibt