Networker

[Networker] atimeasm and ZFS

2009-09-16 18:23:30
Subject: [Networker] atimeasm and ZFS
From: Nick Tan <nick AT WEHI.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:18:45 +1000
Hi all,

We are running Networker 7.4SP1 on a Solaris/SPARC server. I'm trying to set atimeasm on our ZFS filesystems so that atime is not updated but it doesn't seem to be working.

I read in powerlink that it works with UFS and VxFS so I'm guessing that its a limitation with ZFS or Networker hasn't implemented the functionality for ZFS yet.

So my question is - does anyone know if 7.5 allows atimeasm to work with ZFS filesystems?

Another option is to use NDMP - does anyone know if NDMP backups modify the atime of files?

Thanks,

Nick

--
Nick Tan