Networker

Re: [Networker] NW DB backup occurring after every group after dis. autorun

2009-09-15 02:04:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW DB backup occurring after every group after dis. autorun
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 07:59:46 +0200
If mediadb and indexes are backuped after group finishes,
it is because the server is not in at least 1 active group
started by legato scheduler.

If you want to prevent it, add "-I" flag in any of your
externally started savegrp commands.
This will prevent indexes and bootstrap to be saved when
a group finishes.

(you can also do the sdame by editting each of your groups
and turn on "No_save_index" option from group properties.)

BUT : Do not forget to define 1 group (for sample index_group),
where all of your clients are member of and schedule one a
day a "savegrp -O <index_group>", this to force index and
media db bootstrap.
-> THIS CANNOT BE DONE using group properties, NO_SAVE option
being unset once <index_group completes.

Good luck,

Thierry