Networker

[Networker] How to remove bogus device entry from NMC?

2009-09-03 18:02:50
Subject: [Networker] How to remove bogus device entry from NMC?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:57:59 -0500
I have a small test system running 7.5.1 on Solaris 10, actually OEM-ed
Sun "EBS". We have only one tape drive on it, which is in a small
autochanger, /dev/rmt/0cbn.

After trying to configure the library from the GUI and getting a "device
already exists" error, I finally gave up and added it successfully using
jbconfig instead. Now, in addition to the correct device that shows up in
the Devices list and under the library in the GUI, there's another bogus
device, named "hostname:/dev/rmt/0cn". It cannot be edited, deleted,
anything. I've even tried to remove it using jbedit, but it jbedit just
shortens the name and says it can't remove the last device in the jukebox.

Even after...

1. Deleting the library
2. Unplugging it (both power and SCSI)
3. Running "devfsadm -C" and confirming all /dev/rmt/* links are gone
4. boot -r

...it's still there in Networker, but of course nowhere to be found in the
OS. This appears to be a corrupted Networker device entry, but how can I
get rid of it?

Thanks.
--
   Len Philpot

   Cleco IT Network Services, PGO3 - ext 7167
(318) 484-7167