Networker

Re: [Networker] reading, moving forward # file(s)

2009-08-19 14:34:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] reading, moving forward # file(s)
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:31:22 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
08/19/2009 02:05:50 PM:

> Just an update, I ran the command nsrck -L7 -t "date" "client name"
> again this morning and it was been stuck on the "reading, moving
> forward 115 file(s) message for 4 hours now.
>
> Could the tape be bad?  Anyone have any ideas at all?  Thanks!

4 hours does seem excessive. I would check the log; usually, if there are
errors with the physical media, they are listed there. I've had that
happen; I've set the drive the tape was in to "disabled", in order to
eject the tape; clean the drive; try again. if it happens twice, I'd say
the tape was bad, unfortunately.