Networker

[Networker] networker client still identified by old index name

2009-08-18 14:08:38
Subject: [Networker] networker client still identified by old index name
From: Etienne Simard <ESimard AT MEDIAGRIF DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:54:58 -0400
Hi there,

I had a machine that had a temporary dns entry, so it's name in
networker was matching it. I did delete the networker client entry from
networker admin and uninstalled/re-installed the client on the machine
itself but it still sees itself as the old name(when you open the
networker client on the machine or when I get errors from a failed
backup).

I see that the index is still there in /index and it did not create a
new index for the new machine name.

Here are the errors:

"
newname:index 1 retry attempted
newname:index /index/newname: No such file or directory
"

for the index and

"
1 retry attempted
39078:save: RAP error: Unable to extract resource info for client
oldname.

5777:save: Cannot open save session with server
"

for a saveset

Do you have any suggestions?

Etienne