Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup Capacity Report for Full Backups

2009-08-17 15:06:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup Capacity Report for Full Backups
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 05:03:09 +1000
Hi Tom,

On 18/08/2009, at 04:47 , Tom Birkenbach wrote:

How do I find out how much data I'm backup up weekly and monthly for full
backups?
How much in incramentals?

I was looking at mminfo for this info, but I'm not seeing the right parameters for this. Ultimately, I'd like to get to a final number for what I backup weekly and monthly in full and incramentals. This will help me figure out how
much disk space I need for a disk-to-disk to tape system.

Your input and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Covered recently on the list (i.e., you may want to search the archives for more examples), you may find that mminfo -X will suit your needs, which presents roll-up details of backups.

For what you're saying you're after, you might do something like:

mminfo -X -q "level=full,pool=Monthly"

or

mminfo -X -q "level=full,savetime>=1 month ago"

etc.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com