Networker

Re: [Networker] Revisiting the case of hung savegroups

2009-08-14 05:31:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Revisiting the case of hung savegroups
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:24:11 +0100
Khan, Sami wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Posting this again, I have read through the list entries, and tried tweaking
> client/group parallelism in reasonably possible ways. But, this morning again
> all savegroups were "hung" waiting to write indices.
>
> Reverse and forward dns lookups work, not too many clients (around 100) and
> less than 10 groups, client parallelism values are minimum 4. We have
> upgraded from 7.2.2 to 7.4.4 (both Windows 2003) last month and this problem
> has been recurring once or twice a week since then.
>
> Is there a way to tell Networker to go on writing other indices if one
> client/group hangs? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

I think the setting that might affect this would be the client
parallelism of the server's client. I have seen similar situations, and
in my opinion the product is not working as designed here. If there are
no sessions writing from the server's client it should back these up
immediately.

I would advise you to increase the client parallelism of the server (to
a high number) and I think it would also be a good idea to raise this
with EMC Support.