Networker

[Networker] Upgrading from 7.4.2 to 7.5 advice

2009-08-13 02:15:04
Subject: [Networker] Upgrading from 7.4.2 to 7.5 advice
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 02:11:44 -0400
Do you have any NW 6.x clients, and do they work?

I can't upgrade a few of those as they're on Solaris 2.6 (special compile hosts
that require this OS release); 7.x series won't install on that.  There may
also be a number of PCs floating around with an old client (Win-NT4 anyone?).

All my Solaris 8 hosts should now be on 7.x series, though some are 7.1.4.

Also, you're obviously using solaris 10; Has cloning been OK for you?  I'm
concerned about something in the release notes that said cloning may take a
performance hit in Solaris 10 + NW 7.5.x.

--TSK

Tim Kimball
http://sungak.net