Networker

[Networker] Module for MS Applications

2009-08-03 04:34:40
Subject: [Networker] Module for MS Applications
From: Jens Rohde <svabonius AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:31:03 +0200
Hi

A question about module for MS Applications:

I'm about to use this module (ver. 2.2) to backup a Exchange CCR cluster, and I felt a strange urge to read the documentation... In the introduction I found the following:

This release of NMM supports NetWorker cloning and staging to create and manage additional copies of save sets. This NMM support requires NetWorker 7.5 or later. The EMC NetWorker 7.5 Administration Guide provides details for cloning and staging.

Does any one know, why I can't clone save sets with Networker servers prior to 7.5? - As I see it, the save sets from the MS module is just Networker save sets, and as such can be cloned and staged with all versions of networker, or?

Please enlighten me :)

Kind regards,
Jens Rohde