Networker

[Networker] Adding disk as a backup target

2009-07-29 11:53:35
Subject: [Networker] Adding disk as a backup target
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:39:27 -0400
Hi,

We're in the process of replacing our tape library.  While we are doing
this, we would like to add some sort of disk in front of the physical
library.  So, if you are writing your backup to disk, I'm interested in
the details:

What are you doing?  Can you describe your environment?

Are you using advanced file type devices or a VTL?  Why?

What type of disk are you using?

If you are using a VTL, which one are you using?

What has your experience been (set-up, configuration, speed of backups,
speed of restores)?

What problems have you had (configuration, contention, bottlenecks,
etc.)?

Thanks!

Teresa

Teresa Biehler

Information and Technology Services

Rochester Institute of Technology

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including
attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
information.