Networker

Re: [Networker] The problem of the hung savegroups

2009-07-22 02:21:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] The problem of the hung savegroups
From: David <Dpomlist AT FREE DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 02:03:25 -0400
Hi !

We had the same problem in the last 6 month with this DATAZONE : Networker
7.3.3B510 (under aix) with MICROSOFT clients.

We had noticed that all DATAZONE hanged when we lauched backup from client
MICROSOFT with commands like "save" initiated by client.
When backup launched with commands like "savegrp" from server, it didn't
hanged the DATAZONE.

In this context hanged, the only method to recover the fonctionality of
DATAZONE is restart DATAZONE (/etc/rc.networker stop;(/etc/rc.networker
start).

We tried to solve the problem and we found tips to solve :
=> Reverse and DNS entries were not used correctly (differences of
interpretation between server networker and its clients)
=> Too many backup of databases index (too many groups) and bootstraps (not
scheduled in our environment by networker schedule).

We had corrected these things and now its works well !

I hope this could be help you, try to look if your DNS request or name
resolutions works properly.

Best Regards,

David