Networker

[Networker] Changing saveset client ownership.

2009-07-20 09:04:25
Subject: [Networker] Changing saveset client ownership.
From: Madej Szymon <Szymon.Madej AT BRE-LEASING.COM DOT PL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:59:20 +0200
Hi,

Recently we have migrated with production server (IBM AIX) from old machine to
new. Because of used systems and it's users we needed to make this change as
transparent to users as possible. So in weekend we changed prod to prodold with
different IP address, and new machine got the name prod and its IP address.
On both machines (prod and prodold) we have AIX 5.3L, more of it OS on prod
wasn't installed, it was cloned from prodold.

Migration goes smooth, only Networker now claims that owner of backups is now
prodold. I understand why it claims so (different client id), but I wonder if I
can change in index database, owner of some savesets - in simple words rewrite
owner of such backups from prodold to prod.

Best regards
Szymon

Szymon Madej
Administrator Serwer?w UNIX I Baz Danych
Pion Informatyki
BRE Leasing Sp. z o.o.
ul. Ks. I. Skorupki 5, 00-963 Warszawa
tel.: +48 (22) 333 19 25, +48697971641, Fax.:+48 22 625 72 36
Szymon.Madej AT bre-leasing.com DOT pl
www.bre-leasing.com.pl
BRE Leasing Sp. z o.o.
ul. Ks. I. Skorupki 5, 00-963 Warszawa
S?d Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy,
XII Wydzia? Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru S?dowego, numer KRS 0000090905
NIP 526-02-12-925
Kapita? zak?adowy: 6.120.500 PLN