Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows 2008 w/ Domain Services - Backup Suggestions?

2009-07-20 08:37:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows 2008 w/ Domain Services - Backup Suggestions?
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <Thierry.Faidherbe AT SKYNET DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 14:31:52 +0200
The only way to have event log files backuped as regular files is to
copy them to an alternate location. You define a wintask for eg
that copy them before backup to run.
If not, eventlog files are part of system savesets and not browsable
individually. It is the same as for AD logon scripts (netlogon$),
backuped under sysvol.

The easiest way to recover is to work with temp vmware windows image,
out of your AD domain. Recover by overwritting system saveset WITHOUT
rebooting and move the files you need. Then destroy the vmware image.

HTH

Th