Networker

Re: [Networker] NSR Reporter

2009-07-17 15:56:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSR Reporter
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <Thierry.Faidherbe AT SKYNET DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:50:00 +0200
Thank you very much for your so kind words. For your info, new build will
soon be released.
To give you an idea, I am now near the 200k perl lines ;-)

By Date-Client Ganttcharts list amount of sessions started/running or
finished
during the 10 min interval. Same logic is true for any ganttcharts :

Assume following sample :

Client x, c:\      runs from 9:00 to  9:15
          D:\                9:00 to  9:45
          e:                 9:15 to 10:00

Ganttchart cell data will be

                9:00-9:09 : 2 sessions (c+d)
            9:10-9:19 : 3 sessions (the end of the C, the D, and the begin
of the E)
            9:20-9:29 : 2 sessions (d+e)
            9:30-9:39 : 2 sessions (d+e)
            9:40-9:49 : 2 sessions (d+e)
            9:50-9:59 : 1 session (e)

Ganttchart cell background will be from 09:00 till 09:59 that represents
client activity

These are derived from mminfo, sscreate(22) and sscomp(22) and handled by 10
min time
range.

To get exact Concurrent active sessions per client, you need a
shorter time interval : the second. Ganttcharts list active sessions using
time interval of 10 min. I am forced to handle such a way (as above) because
otherwize sessions finished in less than the interval (10 minutes) will
never
be reported/drawn

To achieve what you want, select the date(s) you need to see the activity
and
the client(s) you need then generate the rendering of the ganttchart.
You may have to adjust the backup day start time (-t ) option if you want
your
backup day to start later than 00:00. Eg. -t 18:00 will cause gamttcharts to
start
from 06:00PM (18:00). Maybe more readable for backups running all night
long.

I though and tried about changing scale from 10 min to 1 sec to avoid the
"overlap"
but it exploded my html-based report rendering and had to rollback my code.

Lot of new features to discover in next version, including doc. :-) ....
Still a little bit of patience ;-)

Thierry