Networker

[Networker] NDMP Staging Script

2009-07-10 21:30:07
Subject: [Networker] NDMP Staging Script
From: Anacreo <anacreo AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:25:22 -0500
I thought I'd share this script as it took quite a while to get what I
wanted out of NetWorker.

Problem:
  How do you get NetWorker to destage NDMP data off of a VTL, quickly.

Solution:
  We have a different script that sets our month end backups to have a
retention of 13 months.  This script runs from cron on the 15th of the month
and moves any data older then 6 weeks off of our NDMP VTL tapes into their
own LTO-3 NDMP Clone Pool.  There is no NDMP stage command so we had to roll
our own, additionally this script allows you to set the number of parallel
processes to do the cloning with.  For NDMP we do 2 for non NDMP we do 6
concurrently.

Configuration:
  The only three variables you should have to modify are...
  SOURCEPOOL="NDMPPool"
  CLONEPOOL="RetentionNDMPClonePool"
  TIMEPERIOD="6 weeks ago"

http://pastebin.org/1007

Hope this finds its way to be useful for someone.

Alec