Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC buy DataDomain

2009-07-09 20:46:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC buy DataDomain
From: Siobhán Ellis <siobhanellis AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:39:10 +1000
There are now some very wealthy peopl ein Silicon Valley!

Now then, the interesting question is what happens here.

Data domain licensed some of its code from Rock Soft, now owned by Quantum. EMC
have a fairly significant investment in Quantum.

Personally, I think data Domain has done some great stuff. I get the sneaky
suspicion, though, that this wasn't just about the product... it was also about
making sure that Netapp didn't get it.

Siobhán

> Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:19:10 +0100
> From: an AT CEH.AC DOT UK
> Subject: [Networker] EMC buy DataDomain
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>
> The battles over?
>
> http://www.datadomain.com/news/press_rel_070809.html
>
> Well, as a user of both Networker and DataDomain, I look forward to them
> working seamlessly together ;-))
>
> If I was being cynical I could have said that I look forward to the prices
> rising too.
>
> I was half hoping NetApp would have won the battle for DataDomain (we use
> that too!)
>
> Allan.

Get the latest news, goss and sport Make ninemsn your homepage!
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=813730