Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker integrated Avamar de-dup schedules

2009-07-06 13:36:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker integrated Avamar de-dup schedules
From: Aaron Sakowski <dirtrin AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:24:29 -0400
I decided to use our standard "1 full plus 9 differential" schedule.  The
main reason I chose this is to minimize the amount of meta-data written to
the AFTD on the NetWorker server.  Running a full backup every day, you
won't write any more data to the Avamar storage node, but NetWorker will
have to index every file on the client every day.

For every file "backed up", NetWorker stores a 100-200 byte file on the
NetWorker local AFTD.  This doesn't sound like a lot until you start backing
up millions of files every day.