Networker

Re: [Networker] Avamar

2009-07-01 10:33:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Avamar
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:28:07 -0400
Hey Joel,

That's the same plan the EMC sales force told me about -- but that means you now have paid for the AVAMAR solution and also have to pay for a NetWorker client license for each one of your guests. Hence I'm in agreement with Alec. As I need to expand the licenses to cover my guests, I'm going to be switching to the Virtual Server license model -- because I have to run the NetWorker client on each guest anyway with the current EMC dedupe product (so I can get a off-site clone copy on tape per requirements).

Frank