Networker

Re: [Networker] different/missing output of mminfo

2009-06-30 12:00:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] different/missing output of mminfo
From: Stephanie Finnegan <sfinnega AT AIP DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:54:56 -0400
We are also experiencing varied results out of mminfo depending upon parameters.
 We use scripts for our clones and they query mminfo to establish the ssids to
be cloned.  The mminfo query returns the wrong info, and we miss clones.  We've
had a case open with EMC for months.
For example, if I run:  mminfo -av -r 'ssid,name' -q
'!incomplete,client=clientname,savetime>3 days ago,copies=1'  I get say 20
ssids.  If I change that to: mminfo -av -r 'ssid,volume' -q
'!incomplete,client=clientname,savetime>3 days ago,copies=1'  I might get 50
ssids.
The most trouble is with the savetime option.  If I run: mminfo -av -r
'ssid,name' -q '!incomplete,client=clientname,savetime>3 days ago,copies=1'  I
will get very few savesets - 3 or 4 tops - which I know is wrong because the
client hasn't cloned yet.  So, I change the query to: mminfo -av -r 'ssid,name'
-q '!incomplete,client=clientname,savetime>2 days ago,copies=1'  and I get more.
 Sometimes all, sometimes most - more often than not it still misses a few.
Change to "4 days ago" and I get most again, but not entirely the same list as
the "2 days ago" query.
Last we heard from EMC was about a week ago, they are "working on a hot fix".
For the record, I'm running 7.4.4.4 on Solaris 10.  The clients in question are
on various client versions, on either unix or linux - there seems to be no
common theme except 99% of the time for us it's an RMAN backup.

Stephanie Finnegan
Mgr, Business Continuity and Computer Operations
American Institute of Physics
516-576-2635
sfinnega AT aip DOT org

<networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM> wrote:
rwillems wrote:
> We have a strange behaviour of mminfo with Networker version 7.5.1 (OS
Solaris 10).

> I expected the following commands to generate the same output:
>
> mminfo -q "client=client1,level=full" -r
"client,name,ssflags,level,ssbrowse,ssretent"

> mminfo -q "client=client1" -r
"client,name,ssflags,level,ssbrowse,ssretent"|grep full

> The first command showed two entries whereas the second command showed none.
> If we change the second command to
>
> mminfo -q "client=client1" -r
"client,name,ssflags,level,ssbrowse,ssretent,volume"|grep full

> I get the same result as with the first command.
>
> The same happens with different clients. Am I missing something here or
shouldn't the second mminfo select everything for this or any client?

Both these commands output the same for me (7.4.4, S10), as they should, since
we are asking the same reporting parameters.  Can you provide a sample?

|This was sent by dmitri_ryjikh AT ml DOT com via Backup Central.

type