Networker

Re: [Networker] Report for Cloned Data

2009-06-28 07:34:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Report for Cloned Data
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:28:42 +1000
On 28/06/2009, at 21:00 , kurianv wrote:

Dear Gurus,
I want to know whether is it possible to extract sum kind of report from networker 7.4 sp4 to know if we have all the clones exactly for the savesets for which we have enabled cloning . Actually in our company we have a weekly once full backup for 2 savegrups with clones being transported to offsite. So for audit purpose we need to know whether we can extract sum kind of reports to get these details.

Your suggestions would be valuable.

Easy enough to automate. If originally backing up to tape, you'd use say:

mminfo -q "group=X,copies=1"

If originally backing up to disk backup units, you'd more than likely go for:

mminfo -q "group=X,copies=2"

(Where X = group name)

In each case you'd effectively get a report out of mminfo for savesets that _don't_ have clones.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com