Networker

Re: [Networker] SELinux and networker

2009-06-25 09:01:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] SELinux and networker
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 08:55:57 -0400
On 6/25/09 8:32 AM, Clark, Patti wrote:
[mailto:NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU] On Behalf Of Francis Swasey
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 6:56 AM

EMC's documentation doesn't mention SELinux at all -- therefore, I fail to see how that is the same as EMC requiring it to be turned off... Has someone official at EMC stated the position you just did?

I found the reference in the Networker 7.5 Installation Guide (p 90)
specifically addressing RHEL5.  This will be a show stopper here and at
any other gov't installation that is heavily into security.  I cannot
speak for the rest of the world.  If this doesn't change, Networker will
be traded for another system that does support SELinux.  We just
invested in encryption and they will spend the money to go to another
enterprise backup software package that does support SELinux.  I can
only hope that this is a temporary situation for Networker.

Oh rats... I just looked again and found it too...

Preston, I'm sorry. Obviously, I pulled up the *wrong* version of the install guide when I checked before sending my original email this morning.