Networker

[Networker] nwadmin with Networker 7.4

2009-06-25 02:08:09
Subject: [Networker] nwadmin with Networker 7.4
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 02:01:32 -0400
tbiehler wrote:
> We tried getting this to work when we were testing v7.4.x - and were not able
> to do it.
>
> We still miss v7.2.x.  Our environment was more stable when we were
> running that version.  Now we see strange things and just don't have all
> the troubleshooting tools that we used to have.
>
> -Teresa

Perhaps log an RFE to make NMC work with a SOCKS proxy (or whatever the reverse
equivalent is).

I get around this on AlphaStor (similar annoying interface) by generating an
RDP session to my work desktop, after getting into the VPN.  The additional
upshot to this is that (until recently) I've only needed my auth token and a
USB stick with the login details (and an RDP client) with me to connect.

Obviously this requires allowing RDP (or maybe X) traffic through the VPN, but
that's a known protocol/setup problem at least.

--TSK