Networker

[Networker] Lost Indexes

2009-06-24 19:49:43
Subject: [Networker] Lost Indexes
From: stiggerer <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:27:45 -0400
I have a client that has lost it's indexs, The story so far on Monday
Morning I noticed the client wasn't backing up, I looked at the logs and
client config and discovered that it had no Client id. I restarted the
server and it then had a client id and would now back up, but it had no
history. So I ran a nsrck -L5 clientname - no change, so i then ran nsrck
-L7 clientname still no history... Now this server went west on the 16 but I
cannot go back that far with the -t switch as we no long have the bootstraps.

Today I noticed this "9867 06/22/09 10:59:47  nsrmmdbd Creating new client
id mapping for client:maitfs1" in the daemon.raw...

does this mean that the client id has changed and if so can I change it back
and recover my indexes or am I in scanner land