Networker

[Networker] inventory for the tape drive

2009-06-19 08:59:42
Subject: [Networker] inventory for the tape drive
From: psoni <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:51:28 -0400
Hi,

I am using NW 7.3.3 with Dell ML600 (four LTO-3 tape drives).

As per tape library, there are no tapes loaded in any of the drives but NMC
thinks  \\.\ Tape 0 has a tape.

That volume is unlabeled and also lost its location field.

I tried [1] nsrjb -I -S <slot#> [2] nsrjb -u -f \\.\Tape 0  but nothing worked
so far.

Error:
nsrd: \\.\Tape0 1:unmounted (already)
06/19/09 07:13:32 nsrlcpd #1: Jukebox error: Jukebox:[email protected]
access:[email protected] failed:MOVE MEDIUM key:5 status:CHECK CONDITION UNKNOWN,
Medium Source Element Empty

We have setup staging/cloning policies to run during the day and don't want to
inventory the entire jukebox.

Is there any way to inventory just \\.\ Tape 0 ?

I haven't tried restarting the services. Will it help ?

Thanks