Networker

Re: [Networker] Question on null directives?

2009-06-18 11:57:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Question on null directives?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:49:16 +0000
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 03:25:51PM -0400, George Sinclair wrote:
> If you have a null directive in place, and you copy the affected path
> name/data from host A to host B, and you then put that same directive in
> place for host B, what will happen when NW runs the first initial level
> full on that new save set?
>
> Will the fact that it doesn't yet have any index entries for that data
>  still allow it to obey the directive?

The networker client doesn't see index entries on the server, so that
will have no effect on how it obeys the directive.

The only things it's looking at is the level, the reference timestamp
for non-full backups, the directive, and the filesystem.

So I would expect identical behavior on host A and host B.

--
Darren