Networker

[Networker] optimum inode config for DiskBackup Option in Solaris 10 ?

2009-06-17 14:52:00
Subject: [Networker] optimum inode config for DiskBackup Option in Solaris 10 ?
From: Ty Young <phillip_young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:21:42 -0400
I'm wondering if any other users have had good results with particular
inode settings when creating a filesystem for DiskBackup Option to use,
using newfs on a Solaris 10 system.  We're evaluating DBO now, so I
recently used

newfs -i 204800 /dev/rdsk/c#t#d#s# and have obtained pretty good results
using FC drives on a Hitachi AMS1000.  Still, I'd like to optimize that
further but I'm not sure what's the best strategy because I don't know the
nature of DBO storage.

Thanks!