Networker

[Networker] Archive Bit and Networker

2009-06-17 10:41:34
Subject: [Networker] Archive Bit and Networker
From: tkutil <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:37:17 -0400
What function does the archive bit have in regards to how networker determines
if a file needs to be backed up.

I was running a level 1 backup last night and ran out of tapes. It looks like
it did a level 1 backup, but I think all of the files may have the archive bit
set, so it basically tried to backup everything?

We installed a piece of software called Goldfire, which is used to search for
information within files. We pointed at a few file shares yesterday and I am
wondering if that caused all of these files to be marked for archive.