Networker

[Networker] Browse / Retention periods

2009-06-12 10:55:19
Subject: [Networker] Browse / Retention periods
From: Mark_B <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:48:36 -0400
I have a quick question relating to browse and retention periods.

I have set up 2 clients which will backup Informix databases (level 0) and i
have set a retention / browse policy for these of 1 day.

However, when i look at the details of these save sets, i am noticing that the
retention period is being set to 23:59:59 rather than exactly 24 hours after
the backup was taken.  So in effect the retention period is approx 34 hours not
24.

At the moment these 2 clients are set to run at 14:00 and 14:15 so i was
expecting the browse and retention to be 24 hours on from these times.  What
this is in effect doing is doubling up disk space which is at a premium (i am
backing up to 'file' type).

I have tried changing the policy to be 24 hours rather than 1 day, but it
remained the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where i can look to see why this is
happening?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Mark