Networker

[Networker] tape drive scsi reservation

2009-06-10 07:29:07
Subject: [Networker] tape drive scsi reservation
From: "Esson, Paul" <Paul.Esson AT REDSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:24:18 +0100
Folks,

I have a 7.2 installation on Windows 2000.  Recently, I had to kill a
save initiated from the command line and force the drive to release the
tape from the hardware - Networker thought the drive will still in use
and would not release the tape.  I have restarted Networker but since
the incident attempts to access the drive are hanging/failing.  Is it
possible there is a SCSI reserve on the drive causing an issue?  How can
I check for and release a reservation in 7.2 on Windows 2000?

Regards,

Paul Esson

redstor

Torridon House Aberdeen AB11 5AR
Tel : +44 (0) 1224 595 381

Mob: +44 (0) 7766 906 514

sns Storage Integrator of the Year 2008

Disclaimer
The information included in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and
is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended
addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited
and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee,
whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or
confidentiality