Networker

Re: [Networker] Confused about nsrinfo command SOLVED

2009-06-04 12:11:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confused about nsrinfo command SOLVED
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:04:05 -0400
Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PeeVRo.co DOT uk> wrote on 06/03/2009
12:26:44
PM:

<http://nsrd.wordpress.com/2009/01/27/basics-listing-files-in-a-backup/>

> > Which in turn, with a bit of thinking, led me to do this:
> >
> > mminfo -avot -q
> > "client=BigSAN,volume=ClonedDiskVolumeName,name=H:\Users,
> savetime>=06/01/2009"
> > -r "volume,name,savetime(22),nsavetime"
> >
> > which gave me:
> >
> >  name                               date     time      save time
> > H:\Users                         6/1/2009 11:58:42 PM 1243915122
> > H:\Users                         6/3/2009 12:04:03 AM 1244001843
> >
> > And I then fed the "nsavetime" into nsrinfo, and got a satisying bunch
of
> > data:
> >
> > nsrinfo.exe -t 1243915122 BigSAN
>
> This is the way the man page recommends you do it, so it seems you found

> the right answer the hard way.

On Windows, there is no "man" page. There's no "man" facility, and no help
or description for the program, except for the Command Reference Guide.
I was reading (and quoting) from the Command Reference Guide, and the
above procedure was not what I was understanding, from the official
documentation. But my comprehension has been known to be flawed. Perhaps I
needed a bit clearer detail on what needed to be done.

Regardless, I have (or will get, after my next FULL backup) the info that
I need.