Networker

[Networker] old index restore, deleted client

2009-06-03 17:11:17
Subject: [Networker] old index restore, deleted client
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 16:02:46 -0500
I'm having a brain spasm, and can't quite figure this one out.

We do restores of old client indexes all the time, using the nsrck -L7
-t (date) command, and it has never failed, until today.  We are trying
to go back to 2005, and as I said, we've done this before.

My guess is that we must have deleted the original client, then added it
back in a couple of years ago, and it came up with a different client
id.  Otherwise, the nsrck -L7 command would work.  I don't know the
client id from 2005, so I can't check this for sure.

Questions - I see the index on an old tape - can I do a saveset recover
on an index file?  Or should I simply scan in the tape (takes a long
time, so I'd rather not do this).

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk