Networker

[Networker] Having issues with "ALL" saveset

2009-05-28 15:20:48
Subject: [Networker] Having issues with "ALL" saveset
From: jasondre <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:15:11 -0400
A little background before I ask my question.

Recently upgraded from Networker 7.4.3 to 7.5.1

We are a Windows environment, mainly running Server 2003.

We are starting to test and implement VMware in our environment.

Ok, with that out of the way, here is what I'm having an issue with.  We
recently deployed a server running VMware ESX 3i and on it we are running a VM
with Windows Server 2008.  I installed the Networker Client on the Windows 2008
VM and the Networker Server sees it just fine.  I am using the "ALL" save set
to backup but am running into an issue.  It seems that not everything that is
suppose to be backed up is backed up.

For instance, when I use the "ALL" saveset on a server running Windows 2003,
everything that is checked under the save set is backed up, but only a small
percentage of files are backed up on the server running Windows 2008.  Does
that make sense??

So, my question is, would this issue be because of Windows Server 2008 or would
it be because it is a virtual machine?