Networker

Re: [Networker] Index vs. saveset browse/retention policies

2009-05-27 17:09:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Index vs. saveset browse/retention policies
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:02:57 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Index vs. saveset browse/retention policies,...:

Is there something obvious I've overlooked? Can I somehow force X &
Y's
indexes to be subject to the shorter policies? Or is this just the way
it
is?

Sure, nsrmm will do that for you.  Look at the last usage synopsis in
the
man page (or PDF docs of the man page, since it appears you may be on
windows).  You want the -w and -e options, as well as the saveset ids.

OK - I see how I could script that (I'm on Solaris, backing up several
platforms) after the fact, and indeed I may have to do that. Do you know
if there's a way to force the index for a given client to be subject to
that client's policies (instead of the backup server) when written,
instead of manually after the fact?

Maybe someone else knows of a way to do that, but I'm not aware of any
way of doing that automatically.

Tim
edu