Networker

Re: [Networker] Index / Boostrap saving issue

2009-05-23 08:30:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Index / Boostrap saving issue
From: "Macina, Conrad" <Conrad.Macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 08:22:21 -0400
Apologies if I misunderstood the question.

If the bootstrap runs as part of a group and the group has cloning
turned on, then the bootstrap will be cloned. To get it to stop, you
must move the bootstrap into a separate group that has cloning disabled.
The procedure I outlined will do that, but you may be able to accomplish
what you want simply by moving the backup of your NetWorker server into
a separate group with cloning disabled. You can start the group at the
same time as your main group, if that's convenient for you, and you can
run the group on only the days you want to.

You might, however, want to consider running the bootstrap every day;
the more recent your bootstrap the better off you will be if your server
crashes and you lose your indexes.