Networker

[Networker] Some issues. GUI only backs to "default" and some

2009-05-15 14:30:18
Subject: [Networker] Some issues. GUI only backs to "default" and some
From: NEO <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:47:26 -0400
dmitri wrote:
> Hi NEO, welcome to the forum.
> You don't need to specify pool each time you run a backup.  Just open your
> GUI, go to <media>-<media pools>, open desired pool properties, under "basic"
> tab add your groups in "data source" field.  That's it

Thanks for your answers Dmitri

Oooh... Will have to check that on Monday. But do you mean the admin och user
GUI now? Can't fire it up since I'm not at location at the moment

dmitri wrote:
> If you deleted tapes from the indexes after testing, you wouldn't be able to
> browse the said index

But I can't browse any save sets. Not even newly created.

> Misc questions surrounding NetWorker
> Can I from the admin part browse the database? Or maybe from a webbrower? I
> mean just like browsing around in it like in the excellent application
> "WhereIsIt"...?

Use "savegrp" command if you want to run your backup manually.  Correct syntax
is:
savegrp [-c <host>] -g <group_name>[/quote]

But that doesn't allow me do add a path? Like with archive where I backup a
specific file and like I can do in the GUI.

[quote=dmitri]Feel free to ask your questions, but I suggest to read the
manual, it's big and has answers to most of your questions.  Next time you post
- please provide your NW version, there are some different options in diff
versions.[/quote]

I have really looked in it. Have that and the Unix command reference constantly
open here. Have looked there for my answers but it might be my thick skull that
can't interpret what it say. =) heheh

Thanks again man! Truly appreciate that you took your time to answer. I'll get
back on monday when I have acc to the hw.

Have a nice weekend.  :D