Networker

Re: [Networker] client software newer than on server

2009-05-14 09:49:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] client software newer than on server
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 08:42:00 -0500
> Denis <denis.mail.list AT FREE DOT FR>
>
> ----- "Olaf Zaplinski" <Olaf.Zaplinski AT QSC DOT DE> a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > is it okay to back up a 7.4.4 client to a 7.3.4 server?
> >
> > Olaf
> >
> Hello,
>
> no problem for doing that.

When did they change? Not saying you're wrong (glad it's OK), but back in
the 6.x -> 7.x days, I once accidentally fired up a 7.x client pointing at
a 6.x server and it functionally shutdown the server: the server said it
was licensed to backup only one client (the 7.x system) and stayed that
way until I shutdown that client at which time it went back to its 100-odd
licensed client connections.

Glad to know that's changed.