Networker

Re: [Networker] strange recover index issue

2009-05-13 15:51:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] strange recover index issue
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:45:35 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] strange recover index issue, Francis Swasey...:

According to mminfo, a full was taken of the / and /u09 filesystems on April 18.

Can you use 'mminfo' to get the savetime (nsavetime) of the /u09 backup
and then use 'nsrinfo' to show the filenames that were stored with the
saveset?

Yes, I can do that. But, this filesystem has no files that change, so backs up 0B on the daily incrementals -- so looking at last month's full this
way, I see the correct directories were backed up.

Is the /u09 backup still "browseable"?

The browse policy is 3 months, so yes, it is ...

EMC's theory is that the fact this was a symbolic link within that three
month window has caused some problem in the index.  So, they've had me
change from using "ALL" to itemizing the filesystems for tonight and
then they want me to change back to using "ALL" tomorrow.

Either way, it doesn't inspire confidence.  The last full backup should
have reset the index's notion of what /u09 is.

If I were you, I would find all the savesets where /u09 is a symlink and
user nsrmm -d to make NetWorker forget that those savesets ever existed.
Then use nsrim -Xv and nsrck -L6 for that client, and see if the problem
is still there.

Good luck, and let the list know what the results are.

Tim
edu