Networker

Re: [Networker] FYI - NetWorker 7.5.x and deleting savesets from ADV_FILE devices

2009-05-13 06:13:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] FYI - NetWorker 7.5.x and deleting savesets from ADV_FILE devices
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 20:08:17 +1000
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Preston de Guise <
enterprise.backup AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> On 08/05/2009, at 13:37 , Tim Nicholson wrote:
>
>  Hi Preston,
>>
>> But I would not want to change the browse time.
>> As I read the manual entry for nsrmm, the browse time belongs to the
>> save set, not the clone instance.
>>
>> Would
>>
>>    nsrmm -e now -S ssid/cloneid
>>
>> work?
>>

> Actually, just doing some tests now, that doesn't work - the following
> error is produced:
>
> "Save set ssid:x cloneid:y retention time update is before insertion time"
>
> However, if I run:
>
> nsrmm -e "+1 minute" -S ssid/cloneid
>
> that works.
>
> I'm hoping to be testing a fix soon on this, FWIW.

I’ve tested a patch for nsrmmd for 7.5.1 on Solaris/Sparc and Linux/64-bit
and it works a treat, restoring old functionality.

It’s going to be incorporated into the first 7.5.1 patch cluster, and I’m
also requesting access to ports to the following platforms: Linux 32-bit,
Linux 64-bit, Solaris/Sparc, Solaris/AMD, Windows 32-bit, Windows 64-bit.
In the meantime if you need access to this patch, the bug record associated
with the escalation was LGTsc29561. Asking EMC support for the patch
associated with this escalation should do the trick.

Cheers,

Preston.

--
Preston de Guise

"Enterprise Systems Backup and Recovery: A Corporate Insurance Policy":

http://www.amazon.com/Enterprise-Systems-Backup-Recovery-Corporate/dp/1420076396

http://www.enterprisesystemsbackup.com

NetWorker blog: http://nsrd.wordpress.com